Scrubs play an important role in maintaining the overall skin tone. It is always important to remove the dead skin cells present in the body to maintain young and youthful skin. There are different scrubs that you can also prepare at home. But make sure they do not hurt or tear your skin at the end. You may have heard about sugar, walnuts, rice flour, etc. as natural scrubs. Even though they work and perform, there should be just a slight coarse consistency, rather than big chunks.
Benefits of Scrubbing:
- Exfoliating says bye to the dead skin cells present in the overall skin. As we age, it is important to remove dead skin cells with an exfoliating factor called the scrubs.
- Improves the overall skin texture. It is normal to have bumps, marks, spots, etc on the skin. Exfoliating once or twice a week will help in making your skin texture even and at the same time better too.
- It is normal for all of us to have facial hair. Scrubbing upwards helps in naturally removing the fine and small hair in facial skin and body skin.
- The best step for you is to want young and anti-ageing skin. Even though it is completely normal for our skin to age which cannot be completely avoided; it is okay if you delay the process by proper skin maintenance.
- You will get bright and shining skin once after scrubbing. Since the new skin cells will evolve once after the dead skin cells are shredded out.
Who should scrub?
Every one of us should scrub, but it depends on the skin type to determine the number of times in a week or month.
Extremely Dry Skin – Scrubbing once in two weeks will be better.
Dry Skin – Scrubbing once a week will work
Oily Skin – Scrubbing once or twice a week will work. Since the excess oil secretion will be delayed.
Combination Skin – Completely depends! Once a week will work
Sensitive / Acne Prone Skin – It is important that you exfoliate carefully since the process should not aggravate your acne.
Mistakes to Avoid:
- Never over-exfoliate your face. This will damage your skin more.
- Too much scrubbing will also damage your skin.
- Once after scrubbing, moisturise your skin to retain your moisture.
- Always wash your face before scrubbing, because the dirt will go into your pores while scrubbing.
- If you have extremely dry to dry skin, use moisturising products like curd, milk, etc to create a smooth texture.
- Scrubbing in different directions will automatically hurt your skin texture. So, use circular and anti-circular motion.
- Clean your hands while performing any of your skincare routines.
- Always use your hands rather than any face massaging tools.
- Never go for harsh or big-chunk exfoliating products.
- If you have active or painful acne, leave that area and concentrate on the other areas.
If you are looking for a good exfoliating face scrub, make sure you choose the right product based on your skin type. You can choose based on your needs. Ingredients like fine sugar, turmeric, sandalwood wood, chickpea, and oranges, all will be the best choice to go with.
If you get tanned easily, a de-tan face scrub would be the best choice to go with. If you feel your skin is dry and rough, a brightening face scrub filled with vitamins would be a perfect choice. Alternatively, if you feel like your skin is not cleansed properly or want complete skin care, use a deep cleansing face scrub.