The festive season is upon us and the first and most wonderful gift I have received is the October – Diwali Edition of Mauvelush, a new luxury subscription box in India, which the brand kindly sent my way. I unboxed this beauty on my Insta stories yesterday, so head over to my Instagram now if you wish to catch my first impressions. However, in case you missed the unboxing video, here is my review of the Mauvelush October – Diwali Edition for you.
Before getting into the contents of the box, let me talk about the box itself. Mauvelush has come up with a beautifully branded box that looks pretty high-end, and the box also contains a personalized printed note with the Mauvelush branding. This is what I would expect from a luxury subscription box. Even though a lot of subscription boxes are emerging every month, their packaging does not stand out as much as this one. This box has a princessy vibe which every girl would like, unlike the plain old brown cardboard boxes that other brands use. So enough about the packaging, let us now look at the contents of the box.
1. Decorative Bird Cage – I am the kind of person who loves home decor items but seldom purchases them, thinking that it is a wastage of money. Therefore, receiving this beautiful ornamental bird cage in a subscription box was the best thing that could have happened to me. This decorative bird cage is made of golden metal and comes with the fairy lights shown in the picture. It is a perfect addition to a Diwali box because Diwali is the festival of lights. The quality of this cage is very good and it seems like an expensive piece. This item can add to the aesthetic beauty of any room and I really can’t stop raving about it!
2. Chandbali Earrings – I don’t know how the lovely folks at Mauvelush did it but they managed to send me everything on my wishlist for the coming festivals. I was feeling the lack of a traditional pair of earrings that could go with any ethnic outfit and voila, I received these stunning Chandbali Earrings in the box. These earrings too seem to be of excellent quality. All the beads and pearls are in place and there is no sign of rusting or chipped polish. They are similar in quality to something you will buy from a branded store and will suit any traditional outfit you have picked for the festive season.
3. Rostaa Cranberries – No Indian festival can be complete without something sweet, so how about a healthy alternative for this Diwali? The Rostaa Cranberries will add a sweetness to your celebrations without adding pounds to your weight. In the Mauvelush box, you will get a 75gm pack of Rostaa Cranberries which is priced at INR 120. These are perfect for snacking on, in between or after your meals, and can also be added to cereals or yogurt for a healthy breakfast.
4. Mond’Sub Sheet Masks – The box also contains two Mond’Sub Sheet Masks, one from their Gold Facial Collagen Mask series (INR 250) and the other from their Collagen Silk Mask Series (INR 200). I have reviewed both these masks previously on the blog but basically, they are extremely nourishing and hydrating and will definitely make your skin glow this Diwali. You can also use them on your tired skin the morning after the festivities.
5. Black Kimono With White Lace Detail – Kimono shrugs are so in trend and add a casual chic flair to any boring outfit. This black Kimono with a beautiful white lace at the sleeves and the hemline can be thrown on top of a black tank top and jeans to look super stylish and put together. It is also an excellent item for layering, with the cold season fast approaching. I got the size small to medium which is slightly loose for my petite frame but since it is supposed to be oversized anyway, I can definitely make it work. The fabric and the quality of the lace are outstanding and I could not find a defect in either.
Although the prices of some of the items are not mentioned, I feel that for the current price of INR 1999 for 1 month’s subscription, you will be getting a great deal. Also, the first 15 subscribers can avail an extra 10% off with the coupon code MAUVE10. There are no additional shipping charges as well, so with the coupon code, this box can be yours for INR 1799 only. Overall, the Mauvelush October – Diwali Edition has exceeded my expectations both in terms of packaging as well as the actual products and I feel that it deserves the title of a luxury box. This box is available for booking till 7th October so head over to www.mauvelush.com today to avail the early bird discount. You can also follow @mauvelush on Instagram and Facebook for all the latest updates regarding discounts and upcoming boxes.
Personally, I am already super excited for the next box and hope that the future boxes continue to amaze me like this one 🙂
P.S. – If you enjoyed this blog post then please click this link and leave a comment on the nomination page to help me win the Indian Bloggers Award!
Disclaimer – Box was sent to me by the brand but all opinions are honest and my own.