We all have those days when our throat hurts, our eyes burn, and our nose is clogged but we still have to make it to work. When all we want to do is snuggle up in a blanket with a hot water bottle then how to look good is the last thing on our minds. However, a little effort will make you feel fresher and less miserable. Here are 5 hacks that will make you look more presentable on a sick day when you are forced to face the world.
1. Dry Shampoo- If you are down with a cold then chances are that your hair hasn’t been receiving much love. Spritz some dry shampoo on your roots to give a bounce to your locks. This trick will make you feel instantly cleaner and more put together.
2. Scarf It Up- Sticking to comfortable clothing is essential on a sick day. A colorful scarf will help brighten up your outfit and your mood while keeping you warm too. It will make you look smart without compromising on the snug factor.
3. The Lip Balm Trick- Some of the most annoying side effects of a cold are chapped lips and painfully dry skin near the nostrils. You can use a lip balm or some petroleum jelly to keep your lips and your nose moisturized all day. Using a lip balm to hydrate the nose is extremely handy when you are out and about.
4. Long Lashes- Even if you don’t apply any makeup to your face, curling your lashes will make your tired eyes look so much more alive. If you are up for it then you can even apply a coat of waterproof mascara to give that extra length to the lashes and to draw attention away from the dark circles.
5. Peppermint Perfume- A perfume with a minty scent won’t only make you smell nice but will also help to unblock your nose. You can even rub a little peppermint essential oil on your wrists and throat to carry around an invisible decongestant with you.
These are some of the tips that help me survive a sick day at work without looking like an absolute wreck. Hope you find these helpful too!